Now it is becoming increasing clear that the tropical storm which is likely to form over the Arabian Sea south of the Saurashtra (India) coast by Monday (June 6, 2011) is likely to intensify into a monster cyclone "Keila" and head straight to Oman. It will start small but increasingly gain strength and hit Oman by Friday (June 10, 2011) evening.
- The tropical storm Keila will take birth by Monday (June 6) near the coast of Mumbai.
- Over the next few days it will gain strength and turn into a big cyclone and head straight for Oman.
- It will hit Oman by Friday night. By then it will have turned into a super cyclone.
- The government and people of Oman will have to start preparing for the storm. The earlier the better. Unless the quirky Keila changes her mind and heads to Gujarat, Oman is going to face its fury.
- Wind speeds will be (when Keila hits Oman) in excess of 100 Kmph. And these are Conservative estimates.
- There will heavy rainfall in Oman . Especially Muscat and northern parts of the country.
- Leila will make landfall at Khaluf town in Oman by Friday evening. The towns of Adam and Nizwa will face the brunt of the storm and rain.
- Because of the storm rainfall is likely in Southern Pakistan, especially Karachi on June 9, Thursday. Also in India Saurashtra too will have intermittent rainfall as Keila passes by. The winds at the Gujarat coast are likely to be very strong over the next one week.
The birth of a cyclone. Keila is born. June 6, 2011. Monday evening
Tuesday. June 7, 2011. Keila saunters past the Gujarat coast towards Oman. She grows bigger.
Thursday. June 9, 2011. Keila heads to make a date with Oman
Friday afternoon. June 10, 2011. Keila enters Omani coast.
Keep reading this site for the latest on tropical storm Keila.....